'91 SS in MN on Ebay- don't get your hopes up too high.

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
wtdash
Fifth Gear

'91 SS in MN on Ebay- don't get your hopes up too high.

Post by wtdash »

Ebait listing.

I was interested 'til I read the description. I really dislike sellers who speak w/forked tongue:
Surprisingly the galvanized steal has no rust, the car is in fact completely rust free top to bottom, underneath is squeeky clean, just the passenger side, lower fender did not receive the anti-rust solution dipping from the factory so the very bottom of the passenger fender is rusted away but has since been sealed.
I guess it could be rust-free now...but that's a good-sized chunk of missing fender in my book. And per the Autocheck, this car has spent all its life in the upper Midwest. Do cars actually survive that NaCl-imate?

And the driver's seat is worn....why isn't that disclosed?
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Haha! Just saw that about an hour ago myself. So many times I hear people say, "no rust," when they mean "probably won't break in half if you open all the doors at the same time."

Rot on the front fender bottoms is a given in the snow belt, but that sill underneath takes alot more time to rust. My New England wagon only had surface rust on it in spite of the front fender bottoms being rotted out when I bought the car. That looks to have rot holes in the sills and I can imagine the rest is VERY thin. That he slapped some shit on it and called it good is even more worrying. The Ebay report also lists an accident, but it does look pretty clean otherwise.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Baulde
First Gear

Post by Baulde »

Looks like the engine bay was sprayed down before taking photos. If you look close there are water droplets on various parts. The rad, ps pump. makes thinks appear cleaner then they really are
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

Am I blind or is the turbo chimney/heat shield missing, and it looks like it has the NA A/C line instead of the elbow A/C line.
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

$4200? :shock: Yeah, good luck with that. Jesus, I gotta raise my price.

Someone probably told him [Fargo Accent] "Dere was only 668 of dose cars made, ever, doncha know..." :roll:

Nice headlights, though.

The rust is almost identical to the wagon I had... completely pristine main body, but the front fenders were shredded.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
turboleg
Second Gear

Re: '91 SS in MN on Ebay- don't get your hopes up too high.

Post by turboleg »

Turbo?? Manual??? "This is a rare find, all original, never altered or changed in any way"???? WTF!!!! Either the VIN number was typed wrong, the wrong info was imported based on the VIN, or the guy has no idea what he's talking about.

All that being said, I'm sure I have seen pictures of this car on LC somewheres.
- Findlay
"You say grease monkey like its a bad thing"
http://www.toolsource.com
Perkul8r
First Gear

Re: '91 SS in MN on Ebay- don't get your hopes up too high.

Post by Perkul8r »

I live over in ND and my 98 leggy came from MN. It is really clean underneath. I was pretty worried about it being rusty but once i got it up on the lift and checked out i was happy. Now my buddys impreza that came from cali was a totally different story. Rusted out rear quarter, inner wheel well, and trunk floor. But it was in amazing shape according to the seller.