I think i broke it (more)

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

lucas
Third Gear

I think i broke it (more)

Post by lucas »

Been having idle problems, someone suggested I try and tighten all my vacuume lines down so I took a lot of the old pinch clamps off and replaced with zip ties and hose clamps. drove 100 yards CEL comes on and will die if i try to give it alot of fuel when letting the clutch out. Balls :cry: . Codes 45, 23. I have replaced the boost control solinoid, MAF, stupid little one under the intake manifold on the passenger side ( a year ago along with knock sensor) Im to the point where its either swap a wrx, or change the ECU.

On a possibly unrelated not, went to the olympus rally last week drove my car dusty as shit out there, when i removed the vacuume line from the IACV there was lots and lots of fine dust i could see in the tube hole, went eww and put the hose back on and ziptied it down. :cry:
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Re: I think i broke it (more)

Post by TurnNburn »

Is there a vacuum line going from your intake manifold to that pressure sensor above the stock boost controler? I forgot to put that one back on after doing my swap and had the same situation. That line will cause that code to be thrown if it becomes disconnected. Once i turned up my boost all of my vacuum lines started blowing off so they got replaced and zip tied.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

haha^ just looked at that and i feel retarded
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
Rubasu
First Gear

Post by Rubasu »

So was that the prob ?
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)